Not Sure Who You Want to Be Our Next President? Take This Quiz to Find Out Who You Should Support
by Savannah Crosson
For most of the students at Walkersville High, the presidential election is important to them. However, since most students are not old enough to vote they do not have any control in who wins.
Do you ever wonder who you should vote for if you could? Take this quiz to figure out what presidential candidate believes in similar things as you! I did research on PBS.org.
- How do you feel about climate change?
- Charge companies for their carbon emissions
- Climate change is not real
- Cut energy waste as much as possible and use solar panels
- The earth is warming because of human activity
- How do you feel about immigration?
- Let more immigrants into the United States to diversify our country
- Deport all illegal immigrants
- Waive deportation and make it easier for illegal immigrants to become legal
- Get rid of any way to let current illegal immigrants to become legal.
- How do you feel about education?
- Free schooling and no tuition for colleges
- Cut the Department of Education and Common Core
- Public college should be debt free
- Completely cut Common Core.
- How do you feel about gun control?
- Ban assault weapons and have no waiting period on federal handguns
- Limit restrictions on guns
- Ban certain assault weapons and set up a background check system
- The second amendment is a check against government tyranny
- How do you feel about taxes?
- Raise income tax for the upper class
- Lower the tax rates
- Raise capital gains taxes
- Move towards a flat tax
Mostly A’s- Bernie Sanders
If you answered mostly A’s, you should vote for Bernie Sanders. He believes that shifting global temperatures is a terrible threat caused by human activity. He supports a bill which will charge businesses for carbon emissions. Sanders also believes that we are a “nation of immigrants” and that letting more immigrants into the U.S. is a great idea. He thinks that education should be completely free. Sanders thinks that all assault weapons should be banned as well. Lastly, Sanders believes that we should tax the upper class more. Sophomore Mackenzie Wright says, “If I had to vote, I would vote for Bernie Sanders because he is the only one that is inclusive of all minority groups, including race, religion, sexuality, gender identity, and socioeconomic status. He believes in a higher minimum wage that people can actually live off of, which obviously makes sense. He also supports planned parenthood, and is smart enough to realize that defunding it would cause more problems. He is the only candidate with a published platform on animal rights, which is awesome. I really believe that he is passionate about the things he says rather than just saying what the people want to hear. He is real, and that is what the people need”
Mostly B’s- Donald Trump
If you answered mostly B’s, you should vote for Donald Trump. He believes that climate change is a hoax. He also believes that we should ban some assault weapons and increase the waiting time for purchases. Trump believes that all illegal immigrants should be deported, green cards should be frozen, and all Muslims should be banned from the U.S temporarily. Trump also believes that we should get rid of Common Core. Emily Poss, who goes to Urbana says, “I would vote for Trump. I think the Federal Government is too big. They need spending cuts. States should have more power. There should definitely not be tax increases for the wealthy. Reaganomics is second to the Bible for me. A rising tide lifts all boats.”
Mostly C’s- Hillary Clinton
If you answered mostly C’s, you should vote for Hillary Clinton. She wants to cut down on energy waste and increase solar panel usage. She also believes that deportation should be waived and make the path to becoming a legal citizen of the U.S easier. Clinton believes that public college should be tax free. When it comes to gun control, Clinton thinks that certain assault weapons should be banned and we should increase the background check system to ensure the mental stability of consumers. She also thinks that we should raise capital gains.
Mostly D’s- Ted Cruz
If you answered mostly D’s, you should vote for Ted Cruz. He believes that climate change is due to human activity. He also thinks that we should get rid of any opportunity for current illegal immigrants to become legal citizens. Cruz thinks that Common Core should be cut completely. He also thinks that the U.S should move towards a flat tax. He also thinks that the second amendment is very crucial and that it prevents government tyranny.