Get Your Holiday Craft on Just in Time for Christmas
by Jessica Bentley
Christmas is a time for food, giving, and crafts! With any holiday there are crafts to be done, but with Christmas the opportunities are endless. It is time to get creative and come up with some fun crafts to make this year.
There are so many ideas for crafts, and you don’t have to spend a ton to do them. You can make cute crafts from items around the house or things you can get from the Dollar Tree store.
- Snowman head ornament
- Get a few clear plastic ornaments (sold at Dollar Tree)
- A pack of the little foam beads/balls used in floam
- Have an orange and black Sharpie
All you do for this simple craft is put the beads in the ornament, and draw a snowman face with sharpies. Voila you have a cute little snowman ornament.
- Snowman Tealight 
- LED tea light candle in any color (sold at Dollar Tree)
- Black Sharpie
- Red ribbon
- Red pipe cleaners
- Red pom poms
- Black felt
- Orange Sharpie
- Glue gun
You take the materials and make different cute little snowman, and the candle lights up like it’s nose. Variations of the craft could be made to make other Christmas characters.
A classic christmas craft is the paper snowflake. These are so easy to make, and you can get creative with them and make your snowflake unique. You can go classic and simple, or get intricut and see what masterpieces you can make. Regardless they are simple, and all you need is some paper and scissors.
Below are some links with guides to paper snowflakes:
- Traditional Paper Snowflakes: http://lifeyourway.net/paper-snowflakes/
- Ballerina Snowflakes: http://www.prakticideas.com/learn-make-paper-snowflake-ballerinas/
- 3D Snowflakes and Other Designs: http://www.goodshomedesign.com/diy-snowflake-paper-patterns/
The crafts go beyond little ornaments that you can make. Some DIY crafts make great homemade christmas gifts.
- Homemade Sugar Scrub : Create a spa day with this great DIY sugar scrub.
- Coconut Oil
- Lemon and lavender essential oils
- Food coloring
Combine the materials to make the scrub. Put it in some cute wrapping paper, and give it to your best friend, mom, or even your sister.. For more cute homemade gifts check out the third link included at the end of the article. 
Some of the best gifts are the ones that are edible. Check out this video for cute little food gifts. They are great for kids to give to friends and teachers. 
These are just a few of many crafts and gift ideas out there. There are so many ideas for Christmas crafts. If in need of some more inspiration be sure to check our Pinterest and other crafting sites.