Registration for Next School Year Has Already Begun — Here Are Some Tips To Make It Easy
by Jessica Bentley
It’s that time of the year again, even though second semester had just begun students and staff are already looking towards the future. The registration process has begun for the 2018-2019 school year. This process can be a little overwhelming, but don’t worry we are here to walk you through it.
This past week we have seen many videos on registering for classes. Each department has shown what they have to offer in order to entice students to take their classes. It is fun to sign up for classes that pique your interest and you can, but first you also have to fill the required classes to graduate. Many probably know what they are, but in case you don’t heres a list of the required courses.
- 4 English credits
- 4 Math credits
- 3 Science credits
- 3 Social Studies credits
- 0.5 Physical Education credit
- 0.5 Health credit
- 1 Fine Art credit
- 1 Technology Education credit
- 3 Career Pathway credits
Now, how does one enroll? In the past we used pen and paper, but like everything else in our society the process has moved digital. Below are the steps to register for your classes online:
- Go to WHS website and click on the Media Center tab, and locate the Naviance shortcut
- Once you get to Naviance you will have to log in
- Don’t worry if you don’t know your login, it is your ID number for both username and password
- On the Home page of Naviance you should see a link to complete a registration survey
- Fill out the survey with the classes you would like to register for, and when you are fully completed submit the survey
It is that easy to register for your classes next year. If you get confused or have any questions be sure to ask people are here to help you. The Guidance Counselors are happy to help and answer any questions you might have. When picking classes be sure to pick classes you want to take, and try to challenge yourself by taking a course you wouldn’t necessarily sign up for. Happy class hunting!